A medical assistant performs administrative duties and acts as a healthcare professional. To apply for the post of medical assistant, you must be certified through a junior or community college and work in medical offices or clinics. Job responsibilities for this position mainly include using computer applications, answering calls and correspondence, scheduling appointments, handling patient admissions to the hospital, explaining and preparing patients, and performing basic tests. In some cases, you may even have to perform advanced medical procedures like giving injections to patients and taking X-rays. To brighten up your chances of selection, you must have a blend of medical knowledge and good communication skills.
Sample Resume for Medical Assistant With Experience
2011 Half moon bay, San Mateo, CA 1001
JOB TITLE & SUMMARY:
Well qualified from high school and experienced in administrative as well as clinical duties as medical assistant. Dedicated, highly efficient and self-motivated in doing tasks. Have good experience in delivering service and interacting positively with patients. Very sensitive while proving emotional assistance to patients. Taking care of patients emotional and social needs.
A self-motivated professional with good experience of 6 years , seeking position in a well-established medical office or clinic to deliver superior care and knowledge.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree in Medical assistant
UEI College, CA
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT ——– (May’2012 till present)
El Camino Hospital CA
- Provided support and assistance to senior Doctors during surgeries.
- Provided assistance to RN in co-coordinating and completing patients’ formalities.
- Provided biopsy care, collected and prepared laboratory specimens and prepared operative reports.
- Checking medical stock requirement, restocking exam rooms and proper disposal.
- Educating patients on medications and diet information.
- Handled paperwork related to insurance and other medical formalities required during testing
- Excellent customer service skills in handling multiple telephone lines and sending reports via emails.
- Scheduling appointments, maintaining patient records and preparing them for visit.
- Managed front office single handedly, prepared bills and patient history.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Optimistic in approach and multitasker.
- Problem solving, organizational and management skills.
- Good command over English and Spanish.
- Good knowledge in using computer, printer, fax and scanners.
- Good customer service skills.