A bank teller’s primary job involves dealing with the clients. He needs to be well versed with good counting skills and patient with the customers. He must have good experience in cash handling, customer’s service skills and to some extent, technical skills as well. Right skills will help a candidate land up a bank teller’s job without prior experience. You should have a basic graduation or a diploma degree.
Sample Resume Template for Bank Teller
1040 ROSE AVENUE, NEW YORK (NY) 1001
JOB TITLE & SUMMARY:
Graduate and certified as bank teller from a reputed college. Highly ambitious and skilled in the banking field with experience of more than 8 years. Good command on languages and excellent public relation skills helped in providing exceptional levels of customer service and developed confidence in customers. Delivered friendly service and personalized attention to everyone. Knowledgeable regarding banking products and services. Have skills like Payroll and inventory management, computer proficiency, small business banking, loan sanctioning, checking and savings account management and analytical skills.
Seeking a position as senior bank teller in an Organization to utilize expert customer service and management skills.
Bank Teller Certificate, 2010 from American bankers Association
Bachelor’s degree – Accounting & finance, June 2007 from University of California
Senior Bank teller at Wells Fargo Bank (Jan 2012 – Till present)
- Managed four junior tellers and trained them to carry out banking procedures efficiently.
- Ensured ATM system is refilled and is in good working condition.
- Maintained all records and reports and ensured accurate auditing and exceeded audit interview expectations.
- Ensured compliance with banking policies and audit procedures
- Maintained and balanced cash drawers.
- Resolved any issues immediately by proper communication with IT and HR.
- Met unexpected sales goals in selling credit cards, car loans and introducing new customers to the bank.
- Conducted due diligence and through verification of documents and prevented possible losses.
- Arranged weekly and quarterly meetings with fellow workers and subordinates to get an overview.
Bank teller at Global Bank Dec 2008 – Dec 2011)
- Served as the key point of inquiry for all the customers and assisted them to specific departments.
- Managed customer transaction (deposits, withdrawals, and opened new bank accounts) and promoted bank products and services.
- Selected to be lead teller to interview and train new joinees in the bank.
- Provided administrative and clerical support in sanctioning loans to the customers.
- Awarded for highest sales referrals for car loans and money market bonds.
- Attended workshops and educated customers to access technology enhance banking operations at ease.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient with MS office ( Word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook)
- Strong typing speed of 80 wpm
- Excellent knowledge of NuPoint teller software
- Good interpersonal and business communication skills
- Good Command on English and Spanish ( Can read, write and speak fluently)
- Awarded as employee of the year for outstanding sales performance.
- Recipient of Teller precision award for submitting consistently balanced drawer.
- Promoted to lead teller in a six months period immediately.