Caregiver is a person who gives physical, mental, and social support to disabled people. Administering medicine, cleaning them from time to time, taking them for a round, serving meals, assisting in bathing, and informing family members about their daily reports are some of the common job responsibilities attached to this position. Skills like caring, loving, honesty, sturdy physique (if it involves lifting patients), good observation, and stamina are importantly required for this job. As such, education is not that important a criterion but some special training would be appreciated and considered.
Sample Resume for Caregiver for Disabled
2011 Half moon bay, San Mateo, CA 1001
JOB TITLE & SUMMARY: Warm, caring and honest attitude towards work and level headed during duress. Believes in humanity first and then in professionalism. Possesses good training in personal grooming, etiquette and care-giving. Committed towards overall improvement and wellbeing of the elderly. Assisted in mobility, making them feel secure, and taking them for doctors’ visits. Possesses first aid certification and Human services training
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a career as caregiver in XYZ Company to utilize the skills and experience earned in the previous performed human services job.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
Course in human Services (June 2015) from College of California
Service to God (Oct 2015 – till present)
Caregiver to Elderly:
- Provided caregiver service at home with proper focus on physical, social and emotional needs of the elderly.
- Kept track of daily activities and gave feedback to the family members.
- Established positive relationship with the elderly.
- Took utmost care in keeping and following the planner as provided and expected by the family members.
- Administered medicines, assisted in bath and brush and assisted the elderly by lifting them to help with mobility in and out of the home.
- Provided nutritious, time to time meals and helped them in eating.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in basic computer and internet savvy.
- Good command over English, Spanish and French.
- Time Management and housekeeping skills.
- Proficient in English , French and German language