A business development manager strives to work towards improving an organization’s financial and market position. He must build good client, customer relationships, lead sales, and identify business opportunities and risks. As a BDM, your main job would be to develop business by prospecting new clients through a proper persuasive approach and sales pitch.
This is normally a senior most position within the company in the sales department. The candidate must have strategic goals, excellent communication skills, and commercial astuteness. Basic education required for this job is degree and post graduation in business management, risk management, or finance.
Sample Resume for Business Development Manager
JOB TITLE & SUMMARY: Smart, dedicated, energetic and hard worker with experience of 8 years. Creative strategist and result oriented, customer focused and an excellent business developer. Strong computer knowledge and business skills. Technical abilities are complemented by sound communication and user interaction abilities. Excellent track record of considerable increase in revenue yearly. Possess MBA in International business.
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a business development manager with experience of more than 9 years in proposing marketing strategies and utilizing negotiation and presentational skills
MBA in international business (2004) from New York University
Bachelor of commerce, 2001 from Loyola College CA
Telco LLC (From 2010 till present)
Designation: Business Development Manager
- Managed big budget projects successfully and achieved the scheduled goals efficiently.
- Successfully brought together business development team in implementing new marketing and sales plans for a defined strategy of 3 years.
- Travelled nationally and internationally like USA, Germany to negotiate and close deals with top clients and successfully brought big business.
- Aligned company goals and tactics by proper planning, supervising and managing sales team.
- Increased brand awareness and sales by proper implementation of business plan and collaboration with the advertising and Media Company.
- Increased sales from 10% to 35% by increasing customer satisfaction level
Sure LLC (From 2008 till 2010)
Designation: – Business Development Support Representative
- Ensured timely, accurate preparation of projects related to financial analysis
- Maintained friendly and professional customer interaction.
- Provided customer service related to billing inquiries product queries, delivery status.
- Provided marketing strategy ideas and coordinating with sales executives.
- Arranged sales meetings for new clients and achieve goal monthly and quarterly basis.
BDD LLC (From 2004 till Mar 2008)
Designation: – Sales/Marketing Representative
- Gathered and evaluated data related to marketing initiatives.
- Reviewed annual sales reports to concentrate on marketing areas to be considered for business development.
- Trained new sales representatives on marketing strategies.
- In-depth study of products or services to create ideas for marketing.
- Handed responsibility of 4 employees immediately in 6 months.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong negotiation and presentation, public speaking, decision making and team work skills.
- Familiar and Highly proficient in MS office i.e. MS word , MS PowerPoint and MS excel (advance level)
- Strong communication skills and good command on English language in writing, reading and speaking.
- Well versed in English, French and Spanish languages.
CERTIFICATION & EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
- Received Employee of the year certification from “Sure LLC” for efficiently handling the business.
- Project Management Principles and Practices Course.