Excellent teachers are always required; be it for pre-primary, primary, middle school or high school. Candidates must be well prepared to show case their skills and interest to serve as a mentor or teacher as it’s an engaging and challenging profession with a high level of dedication.
A career change to teacher’s resume must highlight more on the skills you gain and carry to this new field from your previous job. There should be some valid uncovering to your true self when transitioning a career to teaching.
Sample Resume for Career Change to Teacher
2011 Half moon bay, San Mateo, CA 1001
JOB TITLE & SUMMARY: Organized, caring, children loving and patient and proven in teaching students and professionally committed towards providing them vital skills required for their future enhancement and success. Possess qualities to develop interest in studies for students. Ability to be a team player and working together in resolving problems and conflicts professionally. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Possess degree in English with GPA 3.8 .Looking forward to excel in teaching field by working in a reputed institution.
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a long term career as a middle school teacher that will utilize my knowledge towards children’s educational needs and development.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelors of Arts – English (2015) from College of California
N Publications (Oct 2015 – till present)
- Worked as proofreader in a renowned publications
- Managed marketing of the books in University and various categories of students
- Engaged online to improve the brand awareness and promoting through social media.
- Wrote over 150 articles on related to English subject.
- Improved content quality of articles for company website through writing blogs, posts and newsletters.
- Worked in team to update the marketing department with latest developments.
- Completed final proofreading of books, articles, solved questions before releasing for print.
- Proficient with AP style and grammar.
Private English tutor (Jan 2013 – Oct 2015)
- Helped Primary and secondary students improve their English skills.
- Reinforced positive attitude by encouraging efforts and praising their achievements.
- Provided them required resources in improving writing skills
- Helped them improve essay writing, precise writing and article writing as a complimentary topic.
- Major emphasize on solving grammar questions, vocabulary and taking weekly tests.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Organizing and prioritize work with Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and proper judgment.
- Shorthand and Typing speed of 60 WPM
- Computer literate with expertise in MS office ( outlook, word,)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in English and German language
- Certification in Middle grades English.
DATE: _____________ PLACE: _____________