Many graduate programs have rolling admission policy. A graduate school application resume must include all the major academic and professional accomplishments related to the field you are studying and getting enrolled into. While preparing a graduate school application resume, you should not focus on out of the box experiences but only on relevant ones.
The resume must provide information that enables the admission committee to better evaluate your candidature. The categories that need to be focused on are education, employment, extra- curricular activities, volunteer involvement, and certifications. Mentioning objective is not necessary in this type of resume. If you want to change your field of study, then you should let the school know about your goals.
Sample Resume for Graduate School Application
1656, CA 1001
Innovative and Passionate with experience of 8 years, seeking further upgradation of knowledge by acquiring higher qualification to excel in the field of journalism
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
University of Texas, Dallas
Bachelors of Arts (Majors in Journalism)
- Wrote 500 page thesis on “Mobile messaging and social media” with intensive research with different types of users and people, While studying for graduates program.
- Won high appreciation for the work done.
D Magazine: (May 2010 – May 2018)
- Wrote articles in the famous Dallas magazine on the lifeof people and community
- Acted as News Editor and Copy Editor editing stories by using computer editing software, in AP style before printing.
- Working at the back office managing a team of 10 writers.
- Supervised and reviewed the work performed by the junior staff.
- Gathered information by interviewing people, reported and researched the daily happenings and stories in the nearby states.
- Managed communication with the general public in knowing their views on certain topics with the use of social media like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
University of Texas, Dallas: (Feb 2009 – May 2010)
- Wrote for the University newsletters and magazines.
- Participated in College programs and was Students Orientation coordinator and Peer mentor.
- Strong communication skills and good command on English language in writing, reading and speaking.
- 90WPM TYPING SPEED, Computer literate with MS office (word, excel, PowerPoint, access, outlook), Photoshop.
- Good oral and written communication skills in French language.
VOLUNTEER & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Participated in the cancer awareness program (2012)
- Awarded as “TOP EDITOR AND WRITER” in D magazine for outstanding performance.