To apply for the position of account manager, you must have relevant qualification, knowledge, and skills in areas like taxation, finance, and accounts. Note that there are account managers in advertising firms too. You would be responsible for all areas of finance and accounts and taking initiative in solving problems of the organization. An accounting manager usually will have contacts with the senior level attorneys, CEO’s, COO’s, and director of the company.
Sample Resume for Accounting Manager Position
2011 Half moon bay, San Mateo, CA 1001
JOB TITLE & SUMMARY:
A dynamic, result oriented CPA and proven professional with 10 years of experience in the field of accounting and taxation. Strong decision making and problem solving skills. Able to motivate and lead others in a team environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to prioritize tasks and handle workloads with positive approach. Ability to build rapport with the team members and working in a team environment Adept at budget forecasting, financial reporting, corporate tax planning and US accounting. Have a track record of delivering result within deadlines. Ability to manage a team and get work completed on time without putting much pressure on members. Excellent time management skills.
To make a career with a reputed organization where my skills, education & experience are effectively geared & at the same time to work in a challenging professional environment & thereby utilize my talents, financial skills & analytical abilities.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor of Science (Accounting) – 2007
CPA from California State- 2017
Integration International (Mar 2015 – onwards)
- Managing Accounting and Taxation of the organization
- Maintaining thorough understanding of the financial reporting and genera l ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and yearly close end.
- Check on the filing of payroll federal taxes and state taxes. Check on filing of sales tax.
- Maintaining Books of Accounts in Quick book Software and Book keeping in Xero.
- Reviewing 1040 returns, 1041 returns prepared by the junior staff
- Reviewing corporate tax returns 1020,1020S, 1060, prepared by the junior staff
- Providing resolutions to Govt. notices
V- Source technologies (Mar 2008 – Mar 2015)
Handling US accounting activities
- Recording of transactions in to the QuickBooks.
- Posting necessary adjustment entries to finalize the books of accounts and preparing Trial Balance, Income Statement & Balance Sheet.
- Preparing bank reconciliation statements in accounting software or in excel spreadsheet as per client’s requirements.
- Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable and Invoicing.
- Collecting Payroll data from employees and enter it in Payright software and process payroll on time. Posting required journal entries in QuickBooks to record payroll in books.
- Preparing various MIS reports as requested from management.
- Preparing work papers as per clients requirements.
Handling US finance activities
- Managing Accounts Receivable and Payable of company.
- Maintaining books per US Accounting standards in QuickBooks.
- Controlling financial activities of company.
- Handling Client escalations as well as Vendor escalations.
- Preparing Management report per requirement.
- Generation of PO and Non PO invoices in QuickBooks.
- Processing payments for PO and Non PO invoices.
- Collecting Timesheets from the candidates.
- Processing Payroll for W-2 Candidates.
- Taking active participation in recruitment process of the company.
- Collection/recovery of various pending payments from clients.
- Frequent client visit to build relationship.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated and able to make decisions independently
- Proficient in Computer operation and MS office ( word, excel , PowerPoint)
- Strong command on English in writing, reading and speaking.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
LICENSURES & CERTIFICATIONS:
Certified as CPA from California State
DATE: _______________ PLACE: ____________