Construction workers are laborers working in a building environment. They normally work for construction foreman. It’s more important to highlight your experience rather than your educational background in your resume for construction worker. The position of a construction worker requires skilled labor. Qualities like good physique, intelligence, and hardworking attitude is required and should be mentioned in the resume.
Sample Resume for Construction Worker
JOB TITLE & SUMMARY: Physically strong, passionate and hardworking construction worker. Has worked for more than 4 years in the construction industry and carried out tasks like welding, bricklaying, carpentry, plumbing and scaffold erecting. Has a record of working quickly and in a fast paced environment with quality work. Worked in a company where duty was on a construction site to assist trades people. Looking for a suitable position in a building company to explore more opportunities.
OBJECTIVE: To work in a construction company wherein my skills will be utilized to the fullest for further prospects.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
Diploma – 2011 passed out from University of California
Construction worker (2008 to 2015)
- Participated and worked on various construction projects involving site maintenance and clean up and transport of materials
- Understanding construction related instructions and working accordingly
- Completed residential projects both indoor and outdoor
- Assisted in planning and locating sewer lines by referring floor plans
- Cleaning the work area to maintain cleanliness, painting walls using rollers, brushes, cutting materials with power saws. Taking proper care of materials used by lubricating them time to time
- Mixing materials in proportion and guiding junior members in the work
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to use a variety of equipment’s and tools required in the construction work
- Can lift heavy weights above 80lbs easily
- Physically fit and good eye to hand coordination
- Highly punctual and can work for long hours and in worst conditions
- Strong communication skills and excellent driving record