A cashier is required in almost all stores wherever sale and financial transactions are involved with the outsiders. The basic education that a cashier must have is not specified as such however some companies prefer degree or diploma candidates.
A retail cashier handles the checkout areas of the stores and is involved in day to day operations. The basic qualities that must reflect in your resume are strong numerical skills with hands on mathematics or accounts, time management, telephone etiquette, teamwork, and knowledge about the product to some extent (although not necessary).
Sample Resume for Cashier in Retail
SUMMARY: Passionate and versatile cashier with a readiness to handle many tasks including operating register, entering customer information in database, stock check. Friendly with customers and polite in assisting them during checkouts with proper information. Organized, detail oriented, and cooperative with team. Have a record of fewer mistakes and tallied the transactions by keeping drawer totals accurate. Possess diploma in accounting with strong mathematical skills. Looking for opportunities in a major retail company.
OBJECTIVE: To put my basic knowledge and skills to good use in attaining professional and leadership growth in long term.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
Diploma in accounting (June 2015) from Kent meridian high school, Kent WA
Natures Grocery (Aug 2015- till date)
- Provided customer service to all customers.
- Accepting payments from customers in cash, transacting with debit cards, credit cards and vouchers.
- Standing long hours during peak weeks and efficiently ringing up the items and help customers flow through the check-out lines.
- Recording customer information in customer database.
- Assisted by filling up the short staff requirement.
- Worked as per store needs by shifting the role from cashier to sales boy in electronics items section.
- Kept the area of work cleaned and maintained it properly.
- Setting up store displays for customer attraction to the store.
- Proficient in MS office (word, Excel and PowerPoint) and internet surfing.
- Quick learner and able to adapt in any situation and circumstance.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Assisted in summer camp as volunteer during college days.