Retail industries are constantly thinking of customers; they are more interested in user experience and in turn building brand awareness. The job of a business analyst in any industry, IT or Retail, is to design and modify business systems. Today a business analyst has to bring business together along with I.T. resources. It’s a challenging career. The position of a business analyst in retail requires you to have domain knowledge; the type of domain you possess decides your job profile.
The resume of a business analyst with retail industry experience must highlight your domain knowledge, your previous experience and roles. The position requires you to have good communication skills and be a skillful analyzer and team player. Basic education required for this position is degree and post-graduation with related courses would be an added advantage.
Sample Resume for Business Analyst Retail Domain
2011 Half moon bay, San Mateo, CA 1001
JOB TITLE & SUMMARY: Exceptional knowledge of business operations and processes. Extensive experience in marketing and finance related field and rapidly promoted to higher positions. Analyzing and documenting the business processes, policies and information systems. Promoted from marketing analyst to business analyst. Strong computer knowledge of MS office, pivot tables, outlook, SAS reporting. Possess MBA in finance/management degree from renowned university. Strong communication and negotiation skills. Strong command over English and French language.
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a reputed position as a business analyst in retail domain wherein my business process modeling skills will be put to use.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
M.B.A in Finance /Business Management – 2004 (Walden University, Minneapolis MN)
Bachelor of Commerce (specialization Finance) – 2003 (New York University)
Axion Inc. (2008 till present)
Retail business analyst
- Interfacing with business and finance customers to gather data and metrics requirements.
- Analyzed sales and marketing activities, campaigns and competitors of Retail and E-tail channels.
- Developing a long term business strategy to cover up international as well as regional clients.
- To make the staff and related members inform about the business position and how to help input into sales and marketing.
- Generating reports through use of pivot tables.
- Making recommendations on the basis of findings and conducting various analysis like product performance analysis, activity based analysis to increase and take initiatives to increase sales % quarterly.
- Recommended financial investments for future benefits of the retail business.
- Concentrated on retail merchandising management and took responsible steps in demand forecasting.
- Evaluated the results of the marketing strategies applied.
- Always made it a point to retain good staff and customers by taking preventive measures accordingly.
MXC Ltd. (2004 to 2008)
Sr. Financial & Sales Analyst
- Managed a team of four finance analysts after a training period of 2 months after joining the office.
- Analyzed statements of accounts and prepared high level variance analysis.
- Created and presented presentations required for weekly updates to VP and AVP.
- Lead a project and was responsible to review each file before sending it across.
- Promoted from finance executive to Sr. Finance executive in 6 months period and handed additional responsibility of Sales & Marketing department.
- Responsible for marketing and sales performance.
- Managed hiring and training employees while concentrating on overall customer, client experiences and needs.
- Performed weekly review of sales
- Communicated financial models and analysis to non-finance staff.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Building business relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of markup, gross margin.
- Strong computer skills – SAS Reporting, business intelligence tools and ERP, MS Office, Pivot tables.
- Efficient Team player and have good stamina to work for long hours.
- Strong communication skills and good command on English language in writing, reading and speaking.
- Good oral and written communication skills in French language.
DATE: ____________ PLACE: ____________