The job of a construction assistant project manager involves communicating with people who are into a project; i.e. owners, subcontractors, contractors, architects, vendors, designers, etc. The position is also responsible for hiring of staff like crew, riggers, carpenters, plasterers, and painters. You’d also be expected to look after administration. Construction assistant project manager provides clerical and operational support to construction project managers. You must have an associate degree in order to be eligible for the position of construction project manager. Good interpersonal communication skills, computer knowledge, and teamwork are among few of the skills required for this position.
Sample Resume for Construction Assistant Project Manager
2011 Half moon bay, San Mateo, CA 1001
JOB TITLE & SUMMARY: Followed ethical values while working, honest and passionate about work. Analytical and critical thinker. Advanced knowledge of earth excavation, filling and grading. Familiar with federal, state and local ordinances. Strong command over verbal and written English and Spanish language. Proficient in basic computer knowledge. Possesses B.S in Civil engineering and M.S in construction management.
OBJECTIVE: Looking for an opportunity to work in a well-established construction company to put forth my skills to test.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
B.S in Civil Engineering (June 2011) from University of Maryland
M.S. in Construction management (2014) from University of Maryland
N.K. Associates (Oct 2015 – till present)
Assistant construction project manager
- Involved in administration activities like preparing daily reports and managing all the onsite daily reports.
- Training newly hired crew and preparing them for work.
- Preparing schedules with subcontractors and vendors came up with budget estimation etc.
- Assisted in hiring designers for the team and subcontractors.
- Interpreted plan and specification which were reviewed earlier in relation to project.
- Kept good relationship s with engineers, contractors, architects and other staff while on a project.
- Updated financial records to provide them at the completion of a project.
- Co-coordinating construction projects and meeting, developments, advising on real estate, property management etc.
Intern in N.K. Associates(July 2012 – July 2014)
- Gained experience while on a project of capital construction projects.
- Reported to head of the project management.
- Preparing and completing detailed invoice and requisition review to get approval for a project from project manager.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in basic computer and internet savvy.
- Good command over English, Spanish and French.
- Excellent in verbal and written skills
- Advance knowledge of earth excavation, filling and grading.
- Excellent in analytical and critical thinking.
- Excellent knowledge of AUTOCAD and other design software used in construction industry.