A business analyst designs the business systems, business processes and strategic business needs. Communication between businesses departments are facilitated by a business analyst. Resume for the post of business analyst must include personal qualities like excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. You must have creative thinking.
A degree in business administration would be helpful in landing you the job of business analyst. You should have good knowledge of computer and data analysis. Job deliverables of business analyst may vary from IT to areas such as finance, accounting, marketing and operations. Businesses that hire business analysts include banks and insurance, IT, telecom, and marketing companies.
Sample Resume Template for Business Analyst
1040 ROSE AVENUE, NEW YORK (NY) 1001
JOB TITLE & SUMMARY:
Business analyst with more than 8 years of experience analyzing business operations and business solutions. Proficient in MS office and SQL knowledge. Performed gap analysis between the goals and existing procedures. Designed processes. Possess MBA degree in marketing and IT with good academic record overall. Very enthusiastic and highly ambitious with proper focus.
Highly motivated business analyst seeking for a senior level position with XYZ Company to apply analytical and technical skills to conduct benefit analysis and improve overall IT capabilities.
MBA – Marketing and IT, 2013 from Owen Graduate School of Management, Orange Lake CA
B.S Mathematics, June 2009 from University of California, CA GPA – 3.9/4.0
- Created project plans using MS project.
- Created responses to client RFP
- Proficient in SQL certification and database management systems.
- Mentored Clients on test and project methodology.
- Excellent knowledge of business process automation and workflow concepts and instruments
- Good interpersonal and business communication skills
- Good Command on English and Spanish ( Can read, write and speak fluently)
Business Analyst at Stel Sytems(Dec 2011 – till present)
- Interviewed business and technical leaders to clarify business requirements.
- Lead a team of 20 members in various projects over a span of 10 years and consistently exceeded customer expectations.
- Performed document analysis, interviews, workshops and workflow analysis.
- Evaluated risk related to requirements implementation, testing processes, project communications and training.
- Aligned business requirements with functional and technical requirements.
- Reported to state officials on compliance of the system requirements with the legislative acts and regulations.
- Prepared conceptual and logical business models
- Techniques used for Use case scenarios, process modeling and data flow diagramming.
- Partnered with business and IT groups to increase the business and find solutions.
Business Analyst at XL Mortgage (Dec 2008 – April 2011)
- Led business user interviews to discuss current business processes in the Customer Resolution Team area.
- Modeled and documented current processes to identify and analyze process gaps, redundancies and automation improvements.
- Modeled re-engineered/future business processes, which included the quick hits and long-term improvement recommendations.
- Technologies used: Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Team Leader at Redmond Inc, (July 2006 – Dec 2008)
- Developed and tested batch application modules for the Revenue and Pre-billing areas of the system.
- Worked as a Fix-it Programmer during the system testing and operational readiness phase, and was promoted to Revenue Team Lead during the post-production phase of the project.
- Oversaw the timely resolution of production issues uncovered in the ‘live’ system.
- Reported and documented production issues to management.
- Technologies used: Windows NT3.51, Solaris, Sybase, UCT (a proprietary middleware), and Micro Focus COBOL